The Gospel and Interpretation 7-9 Jan 2010
After Jesus had finished his work on the Cross and resurrected, one of the key concerns the Lord Jesus showed with regards to his disciples was their failure to grasp the meaning of the Scriptures in light of the gospel. Luke 24.25-26 records that He said:
How foolish you are, and how slow of heart to believe all that the prophets have spoken! Did not the Christ have to suffer these things and then enter his glory?
Often when we read the Scriptures, we too fail to reflect on the Bible's story as a whole. The Bible becomes a book of individual sayings for individualistic interpretation and we leave many passages we consider strange, especially in the Old Testament, either untouched or confidently misinterpreted.
FWC 2010 call us to a ministry for the Lord Jesus that is faithful to His word, His gospel and thus will build His church His way.
Let us gather at the Fellow Workers Conference to hear God speak to us and to encourage each other in gospel-faithful ministry.
Rev. Robin Gan
- Founding Elder, Christ Evangelical Reformed Church (2008-Present)
- Founder, Gospel Growth Fellowship (2007)
- Deacon, Anglican Diocese of Malaysia (2006-08)
- Curate, St. Andrew’s Cathedral (2005)
- Curate, St. Paul’s Kogarah (2004)
- Curate, FOCUS UNSW (2002-03)
- Bachelor of Divinity & Diploma of Ministry, Moore Theological College (2002-05)
- Ministry Training Strategy under Philip Jensen (2000-01)
- Regional Marketing for Sony Asia Pacific (1997-99)
- Youth and University Work Leader in Adam Road Presbyterian Singapore (1997-99)
- Bachelor of Commerce, UNSW Australia (1996)
For more than 20 years, Robin Gan has been ministering to students and adults from a wide variety of churches. His concern is for the gospel to grow churches in Malaysia through faithful ministry of the Word of God. He currently pastors CERC, a church that has raised many young leaders to be committed to Jesus' mission.