The Church 7-10 Aug 2013
God thinks a great deal of His church:
And God placed all things under his feet and appointed him (Jesus) to be head over everything for the church.
(Eph 1:22 NIV)
The church is meant to mean a great deal to the world:
His intent was that now, through the church, the manifold wisdom of God should be made known.
(Eph 3:10 NIV)
Do you understand what this means and looks like in your life in church and outside of it?
If God thinks of the church in this way, then…
Are we equipped to serve Him according to what He thinks of His church? Just what and who is the church? Who is meant to be the boss in church and are churches all the same? (Why are there so many of them then?)
Is the purpose of church to help people feel better about themselves?
TTC 2013 brings Christians the opportunity to bring glory to God in their understanding of His precious Church and the ministry He has given those who serve Him.
Happening over the Raya break, TTC is your chance to get away from the hustle and bustle of the city for 4D3N of being equipped for ministry whilst enjoying fellowship with Christians from other churches.
Hear from Joel, one of last year's participants:
The electives are a great way to work out how the truth you are learning applies in our contemporary context. This year the electives on offer include:
- Speaking Songs: What the Apostle Paul thought was good church music.
- The contemporary church – Are you going to one?
- Where have all the youth gone? – Nobody knows. Come find out.
- A long long time ago, in a world far far away – Discipleship in the early church.
- Denominations and Church and Parachurch – Can a church be a para-something?
- Roman Catholic and Protestant – Why are Christians Protest-tants?
- Preaching that belongs in the church, and preaching that should stay out.
- The Structure of the Gospel Church – Why do we even have this elective?
What happens at TTC?
- Challenging talks on the doctrine of The Church
- Seminars for guided interaction
- Smaller groups to work hard at reading the Bible for ourselves
- Electives and Network time to get our minds into gear for ministry
- Free time and outdoor games for a break with God's people
- Q & A to wrestle with important questions together with the speaker
- Prayer in dependence on God's teaching
I'm a student without transport, how do I get there?
We will be arranging transport for students from campuses in the Klang Valley, so please indicate when you register if you need a lift.
I can't pay the full conference fee now - can I pay a deposit first?
Yes you may. The non-refundable deposit for normal registration is RM150; for students it is RM50.
Rev. Robin Gan
Robin Gan has been teaching theology for more than a decade to students and adults from a wide variety of churches. He trained for ministry in the Ministry Training Strategy and Moore Theological College (B.Div, Dip.Min) in Sydney. He is the founding partner and leader of the Gospel Growth Fellowship. His concern is for the gospel to grow churches in Malaysia through faithful ministry of the Word of God. He pastors CERC, a church that has raised many young leaders to be committed to Jesus' mission.
| Foundations of the Christian Faith |
| Institutes of the Christian Religion |
| Salvation Belongs to the Lord Salvation Belongs to the Lord |
| Systematic Theology |