I became Christian at TTC!
Grace & Assurance 28-31 Jul 2014
The question of whether certainty of ultimate salvation is possible in this life has been a major issue both for the Church and for Christians at various times. Regardless of what our personal opinions are, the topic deserves close study. What is the basis of our assurance? How does it relate to faith and God's grace? Knowing this will not only help us to be strengthened and fruitful in ministry, but to also know the depth of God's love for us in Christ.
Thinking Theologically Conference 2014 is a not-to-be-missed opportunity to drink deeply from the Scriptures and be wonderfully refreshed by the truth.
Christians from universities and in the marketplace have benefitted from spending their Raya holidays working on knowing God via the seminars, group work, thought-provoking electives and main talks.
Why should you come to this year's TTC? Here's what our speaker, Rev Dr David Peterson has to say:
Christian assurance is an important topic to investigate. There are many reasons why Christians can doubt their relationship with God, doubt that they are forgiven or doubt that they have eternal life. Doubt is crippling, but assurance is empowering. When people are certain of God’s grace to them in these different ways they find a new zeal to love and serve him.
TTC is going to be a great time of being with other Christians and growing together in Christ.
© Bank of England: Gold Vault
Blessed be the God and Father of our Lord Jesus Christ! According to his great mercy, he has caused us to be born again to a living hope through the resurrection of Jesus Christ from the dead, to an inheritance that is imperishable, undefiled, and unfading, kept in heaven for you, who by God's power are being guarded through faith for a salvation ready to be revealed in the last time.
1 Peter 1:3-5
Rev. Dr. David Peterson
Rev. Dr. David Peterson is a prolific author and teacher who has spoken at both CTC and TTC before. He has researched and taught on subjects like Worship, Holiness, the Gospel, the Church, Sexuality and many others, and is also the author of a Pillar commentary on the book of Acts. You can check out his work at davidgpeterson.com. He was formerly Principal of Oak Hill Theological College London, and is currently the Senior Research Fellow and Lecturer in New Testament at Moore Theological College Sydney.
Hear his thoughts on ministry during an EMA interview with GGF.
- A God Who Saves by Sovereign Grace Music
- Alive by Sovereign Grace Music
- As You Go by Sovereign Grace Music
- Before The Throne Of God by Charitie Lees Smith
- Grace Unmeasured by Sovereign Grace Music
- Greater Than We Can Imagine by Sovereign Grace Music
- Isn't He Good? by Sovereign Grace Music
- Know You by Sovereign Grace Music
- My Hope Is Built by Emu Music
- Now Why This Fear? by Sovereign Grace Music
- O Great God by Sovereign Grace Music
- Our Song From Age To Age by Sovereign Grace Music
- Come Praise And Glorify by Sovereign Grace Music
- Show Us Christ by Sovereign Grace Music
- We Hunger And Thirst by Sovereign Grace Music
- We Praise Your Righteousness by Sovereign Grace Music
- You Are Our Hope by Sovereign Grace Music
- You Have Been Raised by Sovereign Grace Music
- Your Words Of Life by Sovereign Grace Music
Jonathan Chin, Thinking Theologically Conference 2014
I became Christian at TTC!
The electives are a great way to work out how the truth you are learning applies in our contemporary context. This year the electives on offer include:
- Augustine and the Reformers on Assurance
- Roman Catholic Assurance
- Arminian Assurance
- The Puritans and Assurance
- The Sacraments and Assurance
- The Assured Youth - is he really?
- The Age of Individualism and the Doctrine of Assurance
- Islam and Assurance
- Evangelism and Assurance
- Counseling and Assurance
- Worship and Assurance
What happens at TTC?
- Challenging talks on Grace & Assurance
- Seminars for guided interaction
- Smaller groups to work hard at reading the Bible for ourselves
- Electives and Network time to get our minds into gear for ministry
- Free time and outdoor games for a break with God's people
- Q & A to wrestle with important questions together with the speaker
- Prayer in dependence on God's teaching
I'm a student without transport, how do I get there?
We will be arranging transport for students from campuses in the Klang Valley, so please indicate when you register if you need a lift.
I can't pay the full conference fee now - can I pay a deposit first?
Yes you may. The non-refundable deposit for normal registration is RM150; for students it is RM50.